The Mountain View Coalition for Sustainable Planning is a group of local volunteers dedicated to making Mountain View as beautiful, economically healthy, transit, bicycle, and pedestrian accessible, and affordable as possible.
MVCSP member interest and expertise covers areas such as housing, transportation, the environment, the economy, and beyond!
MVCSP generally meets on the second Thursday of every month from 6:30-8:30 PM. The location varies. See "What's Hot" below and the Calendar for upcoming-meeting details.
To get the latest MVCSP updates in your inbox, click here to subscribe to our announcement-only email list (about one message per week).
Searching our site is not something you can do from here. However, Google search works well if you include site:mvcsp.org in the search field.
What's coming up
- Wednesday, September 30th, 6:30 PM: Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee (B/PAC) meeting. See remote access details in the agenda file.
For information on the City website:
6.1 Public Works Department Update
6.2 Comprehensive Modal Plan: Prioritization Criteria
- Thursday, October 1st, 6:30 PM: Human Relations Commission meeting. See remote access details in the agenda file.
For information on the City website:
- Thursday, October 8th, 6:30 PM: Mountain View Coalition for Sustainable Planning (MVCSP) general meeting, remote-access meeting this time (no physical meeting place). Contact email@example.com for connection details if you need them. These details are shared in our Announcements email feed also. To be included in announcements messaging, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Introductions, preliminaries
* Presentation #1: Ellis M. Berns, Principal, ebernsconsulting, LLC, and Perry Hariri, project manager and partner of Miramar Capital. LLC on some projects his firm has in the planning stage. 400 Logue and possibly 855-1023 W. El Camino Real (https://calsonmanagement.com/fjlt).
* Presentation #2: Shani Kleinhaus, Ph.D., Environmental Advocate, Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society.
* Presentation #3: Steve Attinger, Environmental Sustainability Coordinator.
* Update from Internal Operations Committee and Executive Committee
* Update on Projects: Current and upcoming
* Proactive Engagement Committee (update)
* Development updates
* Discuss past presentations
* City Advisory Body updates
* Updates from related community organizations
* Final comments
* Post-agenda session: City factoring of landlord accounts receivable to help offset potential evictions
- For more about the above and other items, see NEWS AND UPDATES and CALENDAR.
- Link to future Mountain View City Council agenda items updated here for August through September 2020 (August 15, 2020)
- City of Mountain View City Planning Division Update (July 2020)
- Added new page City of Mountain View Capital Improvement Program (July 14, 2020)
- City zoning map updated here (map dated December 2019)
- MVCSP opposes Measure D (February 26, 2020)
- MVCSP comments on reach code ordinances to City Council (October 2019)
- MVCSP comments on SAP-4 to City Council (October 2019)
- New page added to site: Safe Parking Community Task Force (October 2019)
- Advisory Bodies page updated here to reflect fiscal year 2019-20 (October 2019)
- City Budget page updated here to reflect fiscal year 2019-20 (October 2019)
- MVCSP comments on 9.1 Google Landings Development Project (October 1, 2019)
- MVCSP comments on 7.1 Oversized Vehicle Parking Restrictions and 7.2 Safe Parking Ordinance, Amendments to the Emergency Shelter Regulations, Other Related Minor Text Amendments, and Direction Associated with Safe Parking (September 24, 2019)
- Link to future Mountain View City Council agenda items updated here for September through December 2019
- MVCSP comments on Personal Delivery Devices (PDDs) policy to City Council (February 24, 2018)
- MVCSP comments on Mobile Home space rental issues to Rental Housing Committee (January 22, 2018)
- MVCSP comments on 555 East Evelyn project to EPC (January 3, 2018)
How to Find Information on This Web Site
For most topics, you can click appropriate tabs at the top of any page. Others are included under the more... tab.
Related Organizations and Stakeholders in Mountain View
Organizations in and around Mountain View dedicated to making our city as sustainable as possible, in all ways:
- Carbon-Free Mountain View (http://www.carbonfreemountainview.org/)
To join, go to http://www.carbonfreemountainview.org/cfsv
- Community Services Agency (https://www.csacares.org/)
- Day Worker Center of Mountain View (https://www.dayworkercentermv.org/)
- Destination: Home (https://destinationhomesv.org/)
- Friends of Caltrain (http://www.greencaltrain.com/friends-of-caltrain)
- Friends of the Stevens Creek Trail (http://www.stevenscreektrail.org)
- Great Streets Mountain View (http://www.greatstreetsmv.org)
- Livable Sunnyvale (http://www.livablesunnyvale.org)
- Magical Bridge Foundation (http://magicalbridge.org/)
- Mountain View Chamber of Commerce (http://chambermv.org/)
- Mountain View Housing Justice Coalition (https://mvhousingjustice.org/)
- Mountain View Mobile Home Alliance (https://mvmha.com/)
- Mountain View Tenants Coalition (https://mvtenantscoalition.org/)
- Mountain View Trees (http://www.mountainviewtrees.org)
- Safe Mountain View (http://safemountainview.com/ and safermountainview in Google Groups, http://groups.google.com)
- Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition (https://bikesiliconvalley.org)
- Soil&Water (Mountain View urban gardens support and advocacy) (http://www.soilandwatergarden.org)
- SV@Home (http://siliconvalleyathome.org)