The Mountain View Coalition for Sustainable Planning is a group of local volunteers dedicated to making Mountain View as beautiful, economically healthy, transit, bicycle, and pedestrian accessible, and affordable as possible.
MVCSP member interest and expertise covers areas such as housing, transportation, the environment, the economy, and beyond!
MVCSP generally meets on the second Thursday of every month from 6:30-8:30 PM. The location varies. See "What's Hot" below and the Calendar for upcoming-meeting details.
To get the latest MVCSP updates in your inbox, click here to subscribe to our announcement-only email list (about one message per week).
Searching our site is not something you can do from here. However, Google search works well if you include site:mvcsp.org in the search field.
- Tuesday, June 18th, 6:30 PM: City Council meeting, City Hall, Council Chambers (2nd floor), 500 Castro Street.
For information on the City web site: Including:
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
6.1 Below-Market-Rate Housing Program Phase 2 Modifications
6.2 Adoption of Fiscal Year 2019-20 Budgets, Appropriations Limit, Fee Modifications, andFunding for Fiscal Year 2019-20 Capital Improvement Projects, and Projects 20-59 and 24-40
7. NEW BUSINESS
7.1 Timing of Future Gatekeeper Application Hearing
7.2 El Camino Real Streetscape Plan, Project 16-67
Concepts to be presented include installation of bikeways along El Camino, which would require removal of on-street parking.
- Wednesday, June 19th, 2:00 PM: Development Review Committee meeting, City Hall, Plaza conference room (2nd floor), 500 Castro Street
For information on the City web site:
2.1 400 Logue Avenue, Perry Hariri for Miramar Property Group LLC
Informal Review for a new 367-unit residential development in one 8-story apartment building and one 11-story condominium building on a 2.54-acre site.
2.2 268 Ada Avenue, Prasad Nallamothu
Request for a Planned Unit Development Permit and a Development Review Permit to construct three new small-lot single-family homes and a Heritage Tree Removal Permit to remove seven Heritage trees.
2.3 1510-1544 West El Camino, Alex Cosma for Cosma Group
Request for a Planned Community Permit and Development Review Permit to construct a new three-story hotel and a Provisional Use Permit to allow the hotel use on a 0.53-acre site.
- Wednesday, June 19th, 7:00 PM: Environmental Planning Commission meeting, City Hall, Council Chambers (2nd floor), 500 Castro Street
For information on the City web site:
5. STUDY SESSION
5.1 - PUBLIC DRAFT EAST WHISMAN PRECISE PLAN AND EIR
Provide input to the City Council on the East Whisman Precise Plan Public Draft and Draft EIR.
5.2 - 335-415 EAST MIDDLEFIELD ROAD
Study Session to Discuss a Request for a General Plan Amendment from High Intensity Office to Mixed Use Character Center (Medium and High Intensity), Zoning Map Amendment from ML (Limited Industrial) to the East Whisman Precise Plan, Use of 10,000 square feet of TDRs from the LASD, a Planned Community Permit and Development Review Permit to construct 464 new housing units with structured parking and subsequent subdivision, and a new 0.4 acre park to be dedicated to the City.
- MVCSP general meetings on hiatus until September 12th. Our work will continue through a subcommittee addressing a possible Oversized Vehicle Parking Prohibition Ordinance in Mountain View and safe parking provisions. If you are interested in working on this, contact us through email@example.com.
- Thursday, September 12th, 6:30 PM: Mountain View Coalition for Sustainable Planning (MVCSP) general meeting, Deb's place (contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need location details).
* Introductions, preliminaries
* Presentation #1 (tentative): Aarti Shrivastava, City of Mountain View Community Development Director
* Updates from MVCSP committees
* Updates from related community organizations
* Proactive Engagement Committee (update)
* Development updates
* City advisory body updates
- For more about the above and other items, see NEWS AND UPDATES and CALENDAR.
Other recent hot news....
- City of Mountain View City Planning Division Update: Page updated for April 2019.
- Please take the City of Mountain View parking survey. It isn't just about cars:
- MVCSP has decided to endorse Lenny Siegel, Pat Showalter, and Lucas Ramirez for City Council. October 2018
- Link to future Council agenda items updated here for September through December. September 2018
- City Budget page updated here to reflect fiscal year 2018-19. September 2018
- Advisory Bodies page updated here to reflect fiscal year 2018-19. September 2018
- The Mountain View Transit Center Master Plan Final Report is now available online at www.MountainViewTransitCenter.com. The Final Report summarizes the roughly two-year, community-driven process to identify preferred concepts for the Castro Street grade separation and Transit Center. The Master Plan was approved by City Council in May 2017.
- MVCSP comments on Personal Delivery Devices (PDDs) policy to City Council February 24, 2018
- Long-time MVCSP member Julie Lovins passed away Friday night, January 26th. An event in her honor is planned for February 11th starting 12:30 PM at City Hall, Council Chambers (2nd floor), 500 Castro Street.
- MVCSP comments on Mobile Home space rental issues to Rental Housing Committee January 22, 2018
- MVCSP comments on 555 East Evelyn project to EPC January 3, 2018.
- Link to future Council agenda items updated here. January 4, 2018
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan to City Council December 12, 2017
- The City of Mountain View is hiring a full-time, benefited, limited-term “Environmental Sustainability Analyst.” For details, see https://www.calopps.org/mountain-view/job-17485961. The priority application deadline is Sunday, December 17th.
- MVCSP comments on Mobile Home space rental protections to Rental Housing Committee December 1, 2017
- Final Draft North Bayshore Precise Plan now available (http://www.mvcsp.org/news-and-updates/final-draft-north-bayshore-precise-plan) November 2, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan - Policy Topics to City Council (http://www.mvcsp.org/news-and-updates/mvcsp-comments-on-north-bayshore-precise-plan-policy-topics-to-city-council) September 24, 2017
- New page on this web site added: Fiscal Year 2017-18 Advisory Body workplans.
- MVCSP comments on Magical Bridge Playground funding and process to PRC September 10, 2017
- New page on this web site added: Fiscal Year 2017-18 City Budget.
- Mountain View Voice publishes MVCSP comment letter on the North Bayshore transportation impact analysis (https://mv-voice.com/print/story/2017/05/12/letters-to-the-editor) May 12, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Land Use and Transportation Details to City Council June 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Villa Street Historical Resources to City Council June 12, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Land Use and Transportation Details to City Council May 15, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Transportation Analysis to City Council April 23, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Transportation Impact Analysis to EPC April 17, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan DSEIR to Planning Division April 17, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Council Goals 2017 priorities to EPC April 2, 2017
- MVCSP comments on CIP and Council Goals 2017 priorities to B/PAC March 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Charleston East project to City Council March 5, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Vision Zero to Senior Advisory Committee February 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Vision Zero to Youth Advisory Committee February 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Vision Zero to EPC February 12, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Council Goals February 2, 2017
- Updated the City zoning map on this web site (map dated July 2016)
- Carbon-Free Mountain View (http://www.carbonfreemountainview.org/)
To join, go to http://www.carbonfreemountainview.org/cfsv
- Friends of Caltrain (http://www.greencaltrain.com/friends-of-caltrain)
- Friends of the Stevens Creek Trail (http://www.stevenscreektrail.org)
- Great Streets Mountain View (http://www.greatstreetsmv.org)
- Livable Sunnyvale (http://www.livablesunnyvale.org)
- Magical Bridge (http://magicalbridge.org/)
- Mountain View Mobile Home Alliance (https://mvmha.com/)
- Mountain View Tenants Association (https://mvtenantscoalition.org/)
- Mountain View Trees (http://www.mountainviewtrees.org)
- Safe Mountain View (http://safemountainview.com/ and safermountainview in Google Groups, http://groups.google.com)
- Soil&Water (Mountain View urban gardens support and advocacy) (http://www.soilandwatergarden.org)
- SV@Home (http://siliconvalleyathome.org)