The Mountain View Coalition for Sustainable Planning is a group of local volunteers dedicated to making Mountain View as beautiful, economically healthy, transit, bicycle, and pedestrian accessible, and affordable as possible.
MVCSP member interest and expertise covers areas such as housing, transportation, the environment, the economy, and beyond!
MVCSP generally meets on the second Thursday of every month from 6:30-8:30 PM. The location varies. See "What's Hot" below and the Calendar for upcoming-meeting details.
To get the latest MVCSP updates in your inbox, click here to subscribe to our announcement-only email list (about one message per week).
- Tuesday, May 23rd, 6:30 PM: City Council meeting, City Hall, Council Chambers (2nd floor), 500 Castro Street
For information on the City web site:
The City Council meeting agenda packet and materials will be available after 5:00 p.m. on May 19th at: the Mountain View Public Library, 585 Franklin Street; the City Clerk’s Office, 500 Castro Street; and electronically at www.mountainview.gov.
7. NEW BUSINESS
7.1 Mountain View Transit Center Master Plan-Recommended Master Plan.
City Council will be considering approval of the Mountain View Transit Center Master Plan at its Council Meeting on Tuesday, May 23rd at 6:30 PM at City Hall. Discussion and action on this item will take place during the New Business portion of the meeting. At this meeting, Council will receive a staff presentation on the recommended Transit Center Master Plan elements. Members of the public will have the opportunity to address the Council on this matter. At this meeting, Council may take action on adopting the Master Plan.
8. STUDY SESSION
8.1 Automated Guideway Transit Study.
- Wednesday, May 24th, 4:00 PM: Administrative Zoning Hearing, City Hall, Plaza conference room (2nd floor), 500 Castro Street
For information on the City web site:
Item 4.1 - 1350 Grant Road
Item 4.2 - 310 North Whisman Road (adding service station, and five heritage trees at risk)
- Wednesday, May 24th, 7:00 PM: Bike Mountain View! Perspectives on Bicycling in our Community
A conversation about biking in Mountain View with Nate Baird, an active transportation planner with the City of Mountain View, and Janet Lafleur, Daily Bicyclist, Blogger, Advocate, and 30-year Resident. Come with your ideas and stories for making our community better for bikes!
Refreshments will be served starting at 6:45pm.
Nate Baird, City of Mountain View Transportation Planner, focus on active transportation.
Janet LaFleur, Daily Bicyclist, Blogger, Advocate, and 30-year Resident
- Thursday, June 8th, 6:30 PM: MVCSP general meeting. Location: Same place we have been meeting in recent months; contact us at email@example.com if you need the details. Agenda details are sent to core and supporter members in advance of monthly meeting dates by email, and the agenda file is available to these members as well.
- For more about the above and other items, see NEWS AND UPDATES and CALENDAR.
Other recent hot news....
- City of Mountain View City Planning Division Update: Page updated for April 2017
- Mountain View Voice publishes MVCSP comment letter on the North Bayshore transportation impact analysis (https://mv-voice.com/print/story/2017/05/12/letters-to-the-editor) May 12, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Transportation Analysis to City Council April 23, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Transportation Impact Analysis to EPC April 17, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan DSEIR to Planning Division April 17, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Council Goals 2017 priorities to EPC April 2, 2017
- MVCSP comments on CIP and Council Goals 2017 priorities to B/PAC March 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Charleston East project to City Council March 5, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Vision Zero to Senior Advisory Committee February 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Vision Zero to Youth Advisory Committee February 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Vision Zero to EPC February 12, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Council Goals February 2, 2017
- Updated the City zoning map on this web site (map dated July 2016)
- Carbon-Free Mountain View (http://www.carbonfreemountainview.org/)
To join, go to http://www.carbonfreemountainview.org/cfsv
- Friends of Caltrain (http://www.greencaltrain.com/friends-of-caltrain)
- Friends of the Stevens Creek Trail (http://www.stevenscreektrail.org)
- Great Streets Mountain View (http://www.greatstreetsmv.org)
- Magical Bridge (http://magicalbridge.org/)
- Mountain View Trees (http://www.mountainviewtrees.org)
- Safe Mountain View (http://safemountainview.com/ and safermountainview in Google Groups, http://groups.google.com)
- Soil&Water (Mountain View urban gardens support and advocacy) (http://www.soilandwatergarden.org)