The Mountain View Coalition for Sustainable Planning is a group of local volunteers dedicated to making Mountain View as beautiful, economically healthy, transit, bicycle, and pedestrian accessible, and affordable as possible.
MVCSP member interest and expertise covers areas such as housing, transportation, the environment, the economy, and beyond!
MVCSP generally meets on the second Thursday of every month from 6:30-8:30 PM. The location varies. See "What's Hot" below and the Calendar for upcoming-meeting details.
To get the latest MVCSP updates in your inbox, click here to subscribe to our announcement-only email list (about one message per week).
- Monday, June 18th, 6:00 PM: Rental Housing Committee meeting, City Hall, Council Chambers (2nd floor), 500 Castro Street
For information on the City web site:
8. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
8.1 CSFRA Fiscal Year 2018-2019 Budget
Recommendation: Adopt a Resolution of the Rental Housing Committee of Mountain View Adopting the Fiscal Year 2018-19 Budget and Establishing a Rental Housing Fee.
9. NEW BUSINESS
9.1 Tenant Hardship Regulations
Recommendation: Consider the potential options for tenant hardship procedures.
9.2 Legal Services Related to Redwood Villa, Inc. v. City of Mountain View and the Mountain View Rental Housing Committee
9.3 CSFRA Community Outreach Overview
- Tuesday, June 19th, 5:00 PM: City Council meeting, City Hall, Council Chambers (2nd floor), 500 Castro Street
For information on the City web site:
3. STUDY SESSION, PART I
3.1 Residential Architecture Discussion.
That the City Council discuss and provide input on residential design
objectives for upcoming multi-family residential developments
4. CONSENT CALENDAR
4.2 Fiscal Year 2018-19 Capital Improvement Program Adoption.
4.3 Adopt a Resolution Introducing City Council Policy K-22, Zero Waste Policy.
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
6.2 Rowhouse Development at 410 to 414 Sierra Vista Avenue.
6.3 Adoption of Fiscal Year 2018-19 Budgets, Appropriations Limit, Fee Modifications,
and Funding for Fiscal Year 2018-19 Capital Improvement Projects.
7. NEW BUSINESS
7.1 Multimodal Improvement Plan and Transportation Impact Fee Nexus Study.
The City Council will discuss the draft Multimodal Improvement Plan, which includes transportation improvements, programs and services for pedestrians, bicycles, transit, private vehicles and other modes, as required by VTA (Valley Transportation Authority). The City Council will also discuss a potential City-wide Transportation Impact Fee on new development.
This will not be a public hearing, but public attendance and comments are welcome. If you have any questions, please contact Eric Anderson, Senior Planner, at 650-903-6306, Anderson@MounatinView.gov
8. STUDY SESSION, PART II
8.1 Population Growth and Public Service Levels.
- Wednesday, June 20th, 7:00 PM: Environmental Planning Commission meeting, City Hall, Plaza conference room (2nd floor), 500 Castro Street
For information on the City web site:
5. NEW BUSINESS
5.1 EPC WORK PLAN (FISCAL YEAR 2018 TO 2019).
- Thursday, July 12th, 6:30 PM: Mountain View Coalition for Sustainable Planning (MVCSP) general meeting, Deb's place (contact mvcsp.info if you need location details).
* Introductions, preliminaries.
* Presentation #1 (tentative): Greenbelt Alliance representative on endorsement program considerations.
* Presentation #2: Alex Andrade, City of Mountain View Economic Development Manager
* Presentation #3: Vendors/developers of PDD technologies
* Presentation #4: Steve Attinger, City of Mountain View Environmental Sustainability Manager, to update us on various related City programs and projects.
* Updates from MVCSP committees.
* Development updates.
* Upcoming City meetings, agenda items.
* City advisory body updates (B/PAC, EPC)
- For more about the above and other items, see NEWS AND UPDATES and CALENDAR.
Other recent hot news....
- Link to future Council agenda items updated here. March 31, 2018
- City of Mountain View City Planning Division Update: Page updated for March 2018.
- The Mountain View Transit Center Master Plan Final Report is now available online at www.MountainViewTransitCenter.com. The Final Report summarizes the roughly two-year, community-driven process to identify preferred concepts for the Castro Street grade separation and Transit Center. The Master Plan was approved by City Council in May 2017.
- MVCSP comments on Personal Delivery Devices (PDDs) policy to City Council February 24, 2018
- Long-time MVCSP member Julie Lovins passed away Friday night, January 26th. An event in her honor is planned for February 11th starting 12:30 PM at City Hall, Council Chambers (2nd floor), 500 Castro Street.
- MVCSP comments on Mobile Home space rental issues to Rental Housing Committee January 22, 2018
- MVCSP comments on 555 East Evelyn project to EPC January 3, 2018.
- Link to future Council agenda items updated here. January 4, 2018
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan to City Council December 12, 2017
- The City of Mountain View is hiring a full-time, benefited, limited-term “Environmental Sustainability Analyst.” For details, see https://www.calopps.org/mountain-view/job-17485961. The priority application deadline is Sunday, December 17th.
- MVCSP comments on Mobile Home space rental protections to Rental Housing Committee December 1, 2017
- Final Draft North Bayshore Precise Plan now available (http://www.mvcsp.org/news-and-updates/final-draft-north-bayshore-precise-plan) November 2, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan - Policy Topics to City Council (http://www.mvcsp.org/news-and-updates/mvcsp-comments-on-north-bayshore-precise-plan-policy-topics-to-city-council) September 24, 2017
- New page on this web site added: Fiscal Year 2017-18 Advisory Body workplans.
- MVCSP comments on Magical Bridge Playground funding and process to PRC September 10, 2017
- New page on this web site added: Fiscal Year 2017-18 City Budget.
- Mountain View Voice publishes MVCSP comment letter on the North Bayshore transportation impact analysis (https://mv-voice.com/print/story/2017/05/12/letters-to-the-editor) May 12, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Land Use and Transportation Details to City Council June 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Villa Street Historical Resources to City Council June 12, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Land Use and Transportation Details to City Council May 15, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Transportation Analysis to City Council April 23, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Transportation Impact Analysis to EPC April 17, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan DSEIR to Planning Division April 17, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Council Goals 2017 priorities to EPC April 2, 2017
- MVCSP comments on CIP and Council Goals 2017 priorities to B/PAC March 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Charleston East project to City Council March 5, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Vision Zero to Senior Advisory Committee February 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Vision Zero to Youth Advisory Committee February 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Vision Zero to EPC February 12, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Council Goals February 2, 2017
- Updated the City zoning map on this web site (map dated July 2016)
- Carbon-Free Mountain View (http://www.carbonfreemountainview.org/)
To join, go to http://www.carbonfreemountainview.org/cfsv
- Friends of Caltrain (http://www.greencaltrain.com/friends-of-caltrain)
- Friends of the Stevens Creek Trail (http://www.stevenscreektrail.org)
- Great Streets Mountain View (http://www.greatstreetsmv.org)
- Magical Bridge (http://magicalbridge.org/)
- Mountain View Mobile Home Alliance (https://mvmha.com/)
- Mountain View Tenants Association (https://mvtenantscoalition.org/)
- Mountain View Trees (http://www.mountainviewtrees.org)
- Safe Mountain View (http://safemountainview.com/ and safermountainview in Google Groups, http://groups.google.com)
- Soil&Water (Mountain View urban gardens support and advocacy) (http://www.soilandwatergarden.org)
- SV@Home (http://siliconvalleyathome.org)