The Mountain View Coalition for Sustainable Planning is a group of local volunteers dedicated to making Mountain View as beautiful, economically healthy, transit, bicycle, and pedestrian accessible, and affordable as possible.
MVCSP member interest and expertise covers areas such as housing, transportation, the environment, the economy, and beyond!
MVCSP generally meets on the second Thursday of every month from 6:30-8:30 PM. The location varies. See "What's Hot" below and the Calendar for upcoming-meeting details.
To get the latest MVCSP updates in your inbox, click here to subscribe to our announcement-only email list (about one message per week).
- Tuesday, April 24th, 5:30 PM: City Council meeting, City Hall, Council Chambers (2nd floor), 500 Castro Street
For information on the City web site:
3. STUDY SESSION
3.1 Solid Waste Agreements and Zero Waste Policy
6. PUBLIC HEARING
6.1 Fiscal Year 2018-19 CDBG/HOME Funding Cycle-Public Hearing
7. NEW BUSINESS
7.1 Adopt 2015 Community Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory and Recommended
Actions7.2 Adopt 2015 Local Government Operations Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory
7.1 and 7.2 will be the last sustainability presentation to Council before the annual “Narrative Budget” meeting on May 1st.
From Bruce Karney: "Steve Attinger will share data showing that over the last 10 years emissions have gone up 10% compared to a goal of 10% reduction. (That's 2015 vs. 2005) Other Task Force members and I will recommend an increase in the Sustainability department's headcount (adding 3 people, one of whom should be Chief Sustainability Officer reporting to the City Manager) and increasing the department budget by $750K/year. Other recommendations will be delivered in June. We would like lots of people to turn out for this meeting."
- Wednesday, April 25th, 3:00 PM: City workshop: “Streetscape” plan for El Camino Real, City Hall, Atrium conference room (1st floor), 500 Castro Street
Your input is needed as the City of Mountain View is preparing a “streetscape” plan for El Camino Real. The purpose of the streetscape plan is to provide design standards to create a more pedestrian, bicycle and transit friendly environment throughout the corridor.
The City is hosting a workshop to educate stakeholders like you about the project’s vision, and solicit input about proposed design standards for public improvements such as crosswalks, bicycle facilities, landscaping and pedestrian-scaled street lighting. Please join us on Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 3pm to 5pm in the Atrium Conference Room at City Hall. Information about the project is available online at ECR Streetscape (http://www.mountainview.gov/ECRstreetscape).
- Wednesday, April 25th, 6:30 PM: Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee (B/PAC) meeting, City Hall, Plaza conference room (2nd floor), 500 Castro Street
For information on the City web site:
Item 6.1 - El Camino Real Streetscape Plan
The El Camino Real Streetscape Plan will develop design standards and options to implement the streetscape guidelines set forth in the 2014 El Camino Real Precise Plan. The design standards will be used by private developers and City capital improvement projects to improve mobility for all modes of travel along the corridor and will ensure that a coherent and consistent streetscape for El Camino Real will emerge over time.v
- Thursday, May 10th, 6:30 PM: Mountain View Coalition for Sustainable Planning (MVCSP) general meeting, Deb's place (respond to this message if you need location details).
* Introductions, preliminaries.
* Presentation #1: Steve Attinger, City of Mountain View Environmental Sustainability Manager
* Updates from MVCSP committees.
* Development updates.
* Upcoming City meetings, agenda items.
* City advisory body updates (B/PAC, EPC)
- For more about the above and other items, see NEWS AND UPDATES and CALENDAR.
Other recent hot news....
- Link to future Council agenda items updated here. March 31, 2018
- City of Mountain View City Planning Division Update: Page updated for March 2018.
- The Mountain View Transit Center Master Plan Final Report is now available online at www.MountainViewTransitCenter.com. The Final Report summarizes the roughly two-year, community-driven process to identify preferred concepts for the Castro Street grade separation and Transit Center. The Master Plan was approved by City Council in May 2017.
- MVCSP comments on Personal Delivery Devices (PDDs) policy to City Council February 24, 2018
- Long-time MVCSP member Julie Lovins passed away Friday night, January 26th. An event in her honor is planned for February 11th starting 12:30 PM at City Hall, Council Chambers (2nd floor), 500 Castro Street.
- MVCSP comments on Mobile Home space rental issues to Rental Housing Committee January 22, 2018
- MVCSP comments on 555 East Evelyn project to EPC January 3, 2018.
- Link to future Council agenda items updated here. January 4, 2018
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan to City Council December 12, 2017
- The City of Mountain View is hiring a full-time, benefited, limited-term “Environmental Sustainability Analyst.” For details, see https://www.calopps.org/mountain-view/job-17485961. The priority application deadline is Sunday, December 17th.
- MVCSP comments on Mobile Home space rental protections to Rental Housing Committee December 1, 2017
- Final Draft North Bayshore Precise Plan now available (http://www.mvcsp.org/news-and-updates/final-draft-north-bayshore-precise-plan) November 2, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan - Policy Topics to City Council (http://www.mvcsp.org/news-and-updates/mvcsp-comments-on-north-bayshore-precise-plan-policy-topics-to-city-council) September 24, 2017
- New page on this web site added: Fiscal Year 2017-18 Advisory Body workplans.
- MVCSP comments on Magical Bridge Playground funding and process to PRC September 10, 2017
- New page on this web site added: Fiscal Year 2017-18 City Budget.
- Mountain View Voice publishes MVCSP comment letter on the North Bayshore transportation impact analysis (https://mv-voice.com/print/story/2017/05/12/letters-to-the-editor) May 12, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Land Use and Transportation Details to City Council June 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Villa Street Historical Resources to City Council June 12, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Land Use and Transportation Details to City Council May 15, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Transportation Analysis to City Council April 23, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Transportation Impact Analysis to EPC April 17, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan DSEIR to Planning Division April 17, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Council Goals 2017 priorities to EPC April 2, 2017
- MVCSP comments on CIP and Council Goals 2017 priorities to B/PAC March 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Charleston East project to City Council March 5, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Vision Zero to Senior Advisory Committee February 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Vision Zero to Youth Advisory Committee February 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Vision Zero to EPC February 12, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Council Goals February 2, 2017
- Updated the City zoning map on this web site (map dated July 2016)
- Carbon-Free Mountain View (http://www.carbonfreemountainview.org/)
To join, go to http://www.carbonfreemountainview.org/cfsv
- Friends of Caltrain (http://www.greencaltrain.com/friends-of-caltrain)
- Friends of the Stevens Creek Trail (http://www.stevenscreektrail.org)
- Great Streets Mountain View (http://www.greatstreetsmv.org)
- Magical Bridge (http://magicalbridge.org/)
- Mountain View Mobile Home Alliance (https://mvmha.com/)
- Mountain View Tenants Association (https://mvtenantscoalition.org/)
- Mountain View Trees (http://www.mountainviewtrees.org)
- Safe Mountain View (http://safemountainview.com/ and safermountainview in Google Groups, http://groups.google.com)
- Soil&Water (Mountain View urban gardens support and advocacy) (http://www.soilandwatergarden.org)
- SV@Home (http://siliconvalleyathome.org)