The Mountain View Coalition for Sustainable Planning is a group of local volunteers dedicated to making Mountain View as beautiful, economically healthy, transit, bicycle, and pedestrian accessible, and affordable as possible.
MVCSP member interest and expertise covers areas such as housing, transportation, the environment, the economy, and beyond!
MVCSP generally meets on the second Thursday of every month from 6:30-8:30 PM. The location varies. See "What's Hot" below and the Calendar for upcoming-meeting details.
To get the latest MVCSP updates in your inbox, click here to subscribe to our announcement-only email list (about one message per week).
- Tuesday, September 25th, 6:30 PM: City Council meeting, City Hall, Council Chambers (2nd floor), 500 Castro Street
For information on the City web site:
7. NEW BUSINESS
7.3 Regional Housing Needs Allocation Subregion
Recommendation: Adopt a Resolution Supporting the Cities Association of Santa Clara County to Further Explore Forming a Regional Housing Needs Allocation Subregion for Santa Clara County, and for the City to Participate in those Discussions, to be read in title only, further reading waived.
- Wednesday, September 26th, 4:00 PM: Administrative Zoning meeting, City Hall, Plaza conference room (2nd floor), 500 Castro Street
For information on the City web site:
3. CONSENT CALENDAR
3.1 831 Independence Avenue, Homan Toussimehr
Request for a Conditional Use Permit and a Development Review Permit to construct a 1,000 square foot commercial office building and a 400 square foot warehouse/storage building on a 0.20-acre project site;
4. JOINT ADMINISTRATIVE ZONING AND SUBDIVISION COMMITTEE PUBLIC HEARING
• PUBLIC HEARING
4.1 828 Sierra Vista Avenue, Laura Zuckerman for D & C Development, Inc.
Request for a Planned Unit Development and Development Review Permit to construct a new 20-unit rowhouse development, including a 20 percent State Density Bonus, to replace three existing single-family homes and one duplex; and a Vesting Tentative Map for 20 residential lots and two common lots on a 0.99-acre project site;
4.2 748 Mercy Street, Michelle Covert
Request for a one-year review of an existing Provisional Use Permit (PL-2017-218) to allow a cold-weather homeless shelter in an existing church on a 0.31-acre project site;
4.3 1001 North Shoreline Boulevard, Environmental Impact Report Scoping Meeting
As the Lead Agency, the City of Mountain View will prepare an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the above-referenced project and would like your views regarding the scope and content of the environmental information to be addressed in the EIR. The Project will include two new residential structures with approximately 3,000 square feet of ground-floor retail, 203 apartment units, 100 condominium units, and a six-level parking structure to accommodate parking for an existing office building on a 7.81-acre project site located at 1001 North Shoreline Boulevard.
- Wednesday, September 26th, 6:30 PM: Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee (B/PAC) meeting, City Hall, Plaza conference room (2nd floor), 500 Castro Street
For information on the City web site:
6. NEW BUSINESS
6.1 BICYCLES AND TRANSPORTATION DEVICES
Staff will provide a regulatory framework for the proposed update and rewriting of Mountain View City Code (MVCC) Article VI of Chapter 19, related to bicycles and transportation devices (TDs).
6.2 VISION ZERO POLICY
Staff will provide findings of initial analysis, a proposed Vision Zero policy, and a proposed programmatic approach for achieving Vision Zero goals.
6.3 FISCAL YEAR 2018-19 BICYCLE/PEDESTRIAN ADVISORY COMMITTEE WORK PLAN
- Thursday, October 11th, 6:30 PM: Mountain View Coalition for Sustainable Planning (MVCSP) general meeting, Deb's place (contact email@example.com if you need location details).
* Introductions, preliminaries.
* Presentation #1: John Inks, City Council candidate
* Presentation #2: Greg Unangst, Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee (B/PAC) member
* Presentation #3: Silicon Valley Leadership Group on housing affordability and two housing bonds, Props 1 and 2, on the November 6 ballot
* Updates from MVCSP committees.
* Development updates.
* Upcoming City meetings, agenda items.
* City advisory body updates (B/PAC, EPC)
- For more about the above and other items, see NEWS AND UPDATES and CALENDAR.
Other recent hot news....
- City of Mountain View City Planning Division Update: Page updated for September 2018.
- Link to future Council agenda items updated here for September through December. September 2018
- City Budget page updated here to reflect fiscal year 2018-19. September 2018
- Advisory Bodies page updated here to reflect fiscal year 2018-19. September 2018
- The Mountain View Transit Center Master Plan Final Report is now available online at www.MountainViewTransitCenter.com. The Final Report summarizes the roughly two-year, community-driven process to identify preferred concepts for the Castro Street grade separation and Transit Center. The Master Plan was approved by City Council in May 2017.
- MVCSP comments on Personal Delivery Devices (PDDs) policy to City Council February 24, 2018
- Long-time MVCSP member Julie Lovins passed away Friday night, January 26th. An event in her honor is planned for February 11th starting 12:30 PM at City Hall, Council Chambers (2nd floor), 500 Castro Street.
- MVCSP comments on Mobile Home space rental issues to Rental Housing Committee January 22, 2018
- MVCSP comments on 555 East Evelyn project to EPC January 3, 2018.
- Link to future Council agenda items updated here. January 4, 2018
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan to City Council December 12, 2017
- The City of Mountain View is hiring a full-time, benefited, limited-term “Environmental Sustainability Analyst.” For details, see https://www.calopps.org/mountain-view/job-17485961. The priority application deadline is Sunday, December 17th.
- MVCSP comments on Mobile Home space rental protections to Rental Housing Committee December 1, 2017
- Final Draft North Bayshore Precise Plan now available (http://www.mvcsp.org/news-and-updates/final-draft-north-bayshore-precise-plan) November 2, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan - Policy Topics to City Council (http://www.mvcsp.org/news-and-updates/mvcsp-comments-on-north-bayshore-precise-plan-policy-topics-to-city-council) September 24, 2017
- New page on this web site added: Fiscal Year 2017-18 Advisory Body workplans.
- MVCSP comments on Magical Bridge Playground funding and process to PRC September 10, 2017
- New page on this web site added: Fiscal Year 2017-18 City Budget.
- Mountain View Voice publishes MVCSP comment letter on the North Bayshore transportation impact analysis (https://mv-voice.com/print/story/2017/05/12/letters-to-the-editor) May 12, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Land Use and Transportation Details to City Council June 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Villa Street Historical Resources to City Council June 12, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Land Use and Transportation Details to City Council May 15, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Transportation Analysis to City Council April 23, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Transportation Impact Analysis to EPC April 17, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan DSEIR to Planning Division April 17, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Council Goals 2017 priorities to EPC April 2, 2017
- MVCSP comments on CIP and Council Goals 2017 priorities to B/PAC March 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Charleston East project to City Council March 5, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Vision Zero to Senior Advisory Committee February 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Vision Zero to Youth Advisory Committee February 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Vision Zero to EPC February 12, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Council Goals February 2, 2017
- Updated the City zoning map on this web site (map dated July 2016)
- Carbon-Free Mountain View (http://www.carbonfreemountainview.org/)
To join, go to http://www.carbonfreemountainview.org/cfsv
- Friends of Caltrain (http://www.greencaltrain.com/friends-of-caltrain)
- Friends of the Stevens Creek Trail (http://www.stevenscreektrail.org)
- Great Streets Mountain View (http://www.greatstreetsmv.org)
- Livable Sunnyvale (http://www.livablesunnyvale.org)
- Magical Bridge (http://magicalbridge.org/)
- Mountain View Mobile Home Alliance (https://mvmha.com/)
- Mountain View Tenants Association (https://mvtenantscoalition.org/)
- Mountain View Trees (http://www.mountainviewtrees.org)
- Safe Mountain View (http://safemountainview.com/ and safermountainview in Google Groups, http://groups.google.com)
- Soil&Water (Mountain View urban gardens support and advocacy) (http://www.soilandwatergarden.org)
- SV@Home (http://siliconvalleyathome.org)