The Mountain View Coalition for Sustainable Planning is a group of local volunteers dedicated to making Mountain View as beautiful, economically healthy, transit, bicycle, and pedestrian accessible, and affordable as possible.
MVCSP member interest and expertise covers areas such as housing, transportation, the environment, the economy, and beyond!
MVCSP generally meets on the second Thursday of every month from 6:30-8:30 PM. The location varies. See "What's Hot" below and the Calendar for upcoming-meeting details.
To get the latest MVCSP updates in your inbox, click here to subscribe to our announcement-only email list (about one message per week).
Searching our site is not something you can do from here. However, Google search works well if you include site:mvcsp.org in the search field.
What's coming up
- Wednesday, July 28th, 4:00 PM: Administrative Zoning meeting. See remote access details in the agenda file.
For information on the City website:
3.1 650 Clyde Court
Request for a Planned Community Permit and Development Review Permit for minor site modifications, a Provisional Use Permit for a parking reduction to allow 92 spaces where 109 spaces are required, and a Heritage Tree Removal Permit to remove six Heritage trees and relocate one Heritage tree on a 0.73-acre project site.
3.2 2051 Stierlin Court
Request for a Planned Community Permit and Development Review Permit to construct two new bus stop platforms and a Heritage Tree Removal Permit to remove three Heritage trees on a 24.9-acre office campus site.
- Thursday, August 12th, 6:30 PM: Mountain View Coalition for Sustainable Planning (MVCSP) general meeting, remote-access meeting this time (no physical meeting place). To connect with the meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/tsm-mdot-exj. There is no dial-in option. If this is an issue for you, please contact email@example.com.
* Introductions, preliminaries
* Presentation #1: Kiyomi Honda Yamamoto, Law Foundation of Silicon Valley about current policies and what we can do to help improve them.
* Presentation #2: Brandon Whyte, City of Mountain View Active Transportation Manager on active transportation, the Active Transportation Plan (ATP), AccessMV, near-miss collision data, Vision Zero, what he foresees for the B/PAC under his guidance, The Capital Improvement Program, interconnections to and from neighboring cities, etc.
* Update from Internal Operations Committee and Executive Committee
* Update on Projects: Current and upcoming
* Proactive Engagement Committee (update)
* Development updates
* Discuss past presentations
* City Advisory Body updates
* Updates from related community organizations
* Final comments
- For more about the above and other items, see NEWS AND UPDATES and CALENDAR.
- City of Mountain View External Roster updated May 26, 2021
- City of Mountain View City Planning Division Update (June 2021)
- Future Mountain View City Council agenda items updated for May through June 2021 (May 21, 2021)
- Updated page for 2020-21 advisory body workplans here: City of Mountain View Fiscal Year 2020-21 Advisory Body workplans (approved by City Council October 13, 2020)
- Added new page City of Mountain View Capital Improvement Program (July 14, 2020)
- City zoning map updated here (map dated December 2019)
How to Find Information on This Web Site
For most topics, you can click appropriate tabs at the top of any page. Others are included under the more... tab.
Related Organizations and Stakeholders in Mountain View
Organizations in and around Mountain View dedicated to making our city as sustainable as possible, in all ways:
- Canopy (https://canopy.org/)
- Carbon-Free Mountain View (http://www.carbonfreemountainview.org/)
To join, go to http://www.carbonfreemountainview.org/cfsv
- Community Services Agency (https://www.csacares.org/)
- Day Worker Center of Mountain View (https://www.dayworkercentermv.org/)
- Destination: Home (https://destinationhomesv.org/)
- Friends of Caltrain (http://www.greencaltrain.com/friends-of-caltrain)
- Friends of the Stevens Creek Trail (http://www.stevenscreektrail.org)
- Great Streets Mountain View (http://www.greatstreetsmv.org)
- GreenSpacesMV (https://www.facebook.com/GreenSpacesMV/)
- Livable Sunnyvale (http://www.livablesunnyvale.org)
- Magical Bridge Foundation (http://magicalbridge.org/)
- Mountain View Chamber of Commerce (http://chambermv.org/)
- Mountain View Housing Justice Coalition (https://mvhousingjustice.org/)
- Mountain View Mobile Home Alliance (https://mvmha.com/)
- Mountain View Tenants Coalition (https://mvtenantscoalition.org/)
- MV YIMBY (https://mvyimby.com/)
- Safe Mountain View (http://safemountainview.com/ and safermountainview in Google Groups, http://groups.google.com)
- Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition (https://bikesiliconvalley.org)
- Soil&Water (Mountain View urban gardens support and advocacy) (http://www.soilandwatergarden.org)
- SV@Home (http://siliconvalleyathome.org)