The Mountain View Coalition for Sustainable Planning is a group of local volunteers dedicated to making Mountain View as beautiful, economically healthy, transit, bicycle, and pedestrian accessible, and affordable as possible.
MVCSP member interest and expertise covers areas such as housing, transportation, the environment, the economy, and beyond!
MVCSP generally meets on the second Thursday of every month from 6:30-8:30 PM. The location varies. See "What's Hot" below and the Calendar for upcoming-meeting details.
To get the latest MVCSP updates in your inbox, click here to subscribe to our announcement-only email list (about one message per week).
- Tuesday, May 29th 6:00 PM: Community Meeting on Potential Revenue Measures for the 2018 General Election, City Hall, Council Chambers (2nd floor), 500 Castro Street
Over the past months, the City of Mountain View has held several meetings with members of the community and stakeholders like you to seek feedback on potential revenue measures on the 2018 ballot.
Continuing the City’s long tradition of forward thinking and thorough planning, Mountain View is evaluating options for funding the City’s long-term needs, including critical transportation projects. Options include one or more of the following potential revenue measures that may be placed before voters on the November 2018 ballot to fund long-term community needs:
1. Increase the City’s Transient Occupancy Tax (hotel tax)
2. Restructure and increase the City’s Business License Tax
3. Establish a new Cannabis Tax.
The City Council is expected to make important decisions about the revenue measures on June 5. We appreciate and want to thank those that were able to attend earlier meetings and welcome broad input at an upcoming community meeting:
If you have feedback or further questions please contact Sheila Tucker at email@example.com.
Alternatively, if you would like to give feedback directly to the City Council, please email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you at the meeting or hearing from you.
- Wednesday, May 30th, 7:00 PM: Sustainability Public Input Meeting, Historic Adobe Building, 157 Moffett Blvd
Get a sneak peek of the Environmental Sustainability Task Force’s top recommendations to lower community carbon emissions. Focus areas include transportation, land use, buildings, waste, outreach, regional collaboration, and more. In facilitated groups, give your input to make the recommendations stronger and representative of community needs before they are brought to the City Council on June 26. Registration is required (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/public-input-forum-2-mountain-view-environmental-sustainability-taskforce-tickets-44004630033).
- Saturday, June 2nd, 9:30 AM: Terra Bella Visioning Plan Community Workshop. Mountain View Senior Center, 266 Escuela Avenue, Mountain View
The City is developing Visioning and Guiding Principles Plan for the
Terra Bella area to help define a vision for future change in the
The City welcomes your participation in the first Terra Bella
Visioning and Guiding Principles Plan Community Workshop. The
workshop will include an overview of the plan area and existing
conditions. Workshop participants will provide input on their vision
for future development in the plan area.
A meeting agenda and additional materials for the workshop will be
available on the City's Terra Bella Visioning Plan website at:
If you have comments or questions about this project, please contact
the project planner, Diana Pancholi at (650) 903-6306 or at
- Thursday, June 14th, 6:30 PM: Mountain View Coalition for Sustainable Planning (MVCSP) general meeting, Deb's place (respond to this message if you need location details).
* Introductions, preliminaries.
* Presentation #1: Steve Attinger, City of Mountain View Environmental Sustainability Manager
* Updates from MVCSP committees.
* Development updates.
* Upcoming City meetings, agenda items.
* City advisory body updates (B/PAC, EPC)
- For more about the above and other items, see NEWS AND UPDATES and CALENDAR.
Other recent hot news....
- Link to future Council agenda items updated here. March 31, 2018
- City of Mountain View City Planning Division Update: Page updated for March 2018.
- The Mountain View Transit Center Master Plan Final Report is now available online at www.MountainViewTransitCenter.com. The Final Report summarizes the roughly two-year, community-driven process to identify preferred concepts for the Castro Street grade separation and Transit Center. The Master Plan was approved by City Council in May 2017.
- MVCSP comments on Personal Delivery Devices (PDDs) policy to City Council February 24, 2018
- Long-time MVCSP member Julie Lovins passed away Friday night, January 26th. An event in her honor is planned for February 11th starting 12:30 PM at City Hall, Council Chambers (2nd floor), 500 Castro Street.
- MVCSP comments on Mobile Home space rental issues to Rental Housing Committee January 22, 2018
- MVCSP comments on 555 East Evelyn project to EPC January 3, 2018.
- Link to future Council agenda items updated here. January 4, 2018
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan to City Council December 12, 2017
- The City of Mountain View is hiring a full-time, benefited, limited-term “Environmental Sustainability Analyst.” For details, see https://www.calopps.org/mountain-view/job-17485961. The priority application deadline is Sunday, December 17th.
- MVCSP comments on Mobile Home space rental protections to Rental Housing Committee December 1, 2017
- Final Draft North Bayshore Precise Plan now available (http://www.mvcsp.org/news-and-updates/final-draft-north-bayshore-precise-plan) November 2, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan - Policy Topics to City Council (http://www.mvcsp.org/news-and-updates/mvcsp-comments-on-north-bayshore-precise-plan-policy-topics-to-city-council) September 24, 2017
- New page on this web site added: Fiscal Year 2017-18 Advisory Body workplans.
- MVCSP comments on Magical Bridge Playground funding and process to PRC September 10, 2017
- New page on this web site added: Fiscal Year 2017-18 City Budget.
- Mountain View Voice publishes MVCSP comment letter on the North Bayshore transportation impact analysis (https://mv-voice.com/print/story/2017/05/12/letters-to-the-editor) May 12, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Land Use and Transportation Details to City Council June 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Villa Street Historical Resources to City Council June 12, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Land Use and Transportation Details to City Council May 15, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Transportation Analysis to City Council April 23, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Transportation Impact Analysis to EPC April 17, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan DSEIR to Planning Division April 17, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Council Goals 2017 priorities to EPC April 2, 2017
- MVCSP comments on CIP and Council Goals 2017 priorities to B/PAC March 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Charleston East project to City Council March 5, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Vision Zero to Senior Advisory Committee February 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Vision Zero to Youth Advisory Committee February 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Vision Zero to EPC February 12, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Council Goals February 2, 2017
- Updated the City zoning map on this web site (map dated July 2016)
- Carbon-Free Mountain View (http://www.carbonfreemountainview.org/)
To join, go to http://www.carbonfreemountainview.org/cfsv
- Friends of Caltrain (http://www.greencaltrain.com/friends-of-caltrain)
- Friends of the Stevens Creek Trail (http://www.stevenscreektrail.org)
- Great Streets Mountain View (http://www.greatstreetsmv.org)
- Magical Bridge (http://magicalbridge.org/)
- Mountain View Mobile Home Alliance (https://mvmha.com/)
- Mountain View Tenants Association (https://mvtenantscoalition.org/)
- Mountain View Trees (http://www.mountainviewtrees.org)
- Safe Mountain View (http://safemountainview.com/ and safermountainview in Google Groups, http://groups.google.com)
- Soil&Water (Mountain View urban gardens support and advocacy) (http://www.soilandwatergarden.org)
- SV@Home (http://siliconvalleyathome.org)