The Mountain View Coalition for Sustainable Planning is a group of local volunteers dedicated to making Mountain View as beautiful, economically healthy, transit, bicycle, and pedestrian accessible, and affordable as possible.
MVCSP member interest and expertise covers areas such as housing, transportation, the environment, the economy, and beyond!
MVCSP generally meets on the second Thursday of every month from 6:30-8:30 PM. The location varies. See "What's Hot" below and the Calendar for upcoming-meeting details.
To get the latest MVCSP updates in your inbox, click here to subscribe to our announcement-only email list (about one message per week).
- Tuesday, March 20th, 5:00 PM: City Council meeting, City Hall, Council Chambers (2nd floor), 500 Castro Street
For information on the City web site:
3. STUDY SESSION
3.1 Preliminary Review of the Fiscal Year 2018-19 Capital Improvement Program
7. NEW BUSINESS
7.1 Short-Term Rental Regulations.
Discuss options on key policy issues and provide direction to staff regarding short-term rental regulations
7.2 Terra Bella Area Visioning and Guiding Principles Scope of Work.
7.3 Friends of Stevens Creek Trail Fish Passage Funding Request
- Wednesday, March 21st, 2:00 PM: Development Review Committee meeting, City Hall, Atrium conference room (1st floor), 500 Castro Street
For information on the City web site:
2.1 1411-1495 West El Camino Real
Request for a Planned Community Permit and Development Review Permit to construct a 53-unit condominium building and a Heritage Tree Removal Permit to remove six Heritage trees on a 1.25-acre site.
2.2 828-836 Sierra Vista Avenue and 1975-1979 Colony Street
Request for a Planned Unit Development and Development Review Permit to construct a new 20-unit rowhouse development, including a 20 percent State density bonus on a 0.99-acre project site.
2.3 555 East Evelyn Avenue
Request for a Planned Community Permit and Development Review Permit to construct 471 new apartment units, including dedication of an 0.68-acre public park, and a Heritage Tree Removal Permit for the removal of 13 Heritage trees on a 5.89-acre site.
- Wednesday, March 21st, 7:00 PM: Environmental Planning Commission meeting, City Hall, Council Chambers (2nd floor), 500 Castro Street
For information on the City web site:
6. NEW BUSINESS
6.1 Annual Housing Element Progress Report (2015-2023 Housing Element).
Recommendation: The EPC will hear a presentation and provide comments on the annual review of the City's Housing Element. No formal action will be taken by the EPC on this item.
6.2 General Plan Action Items Update.
The EPC will hear a presentation and provide comments on the annual review of the City's General Plan Action Items. No formal action will be taken by the EPC on this item.
- Thursday, April 12th, 6:30 PM: Mountain View Coalition for Sustainable Planning (MVCSP) general meeting, Deb's place (respond to this message if you need location details).
* Introductions, preliminaries.
* Presentation #1: Emily Ramos on the Rental Housing Committee and rental housing matters.
* Updates from MVCSP committees.
* Development updates.
* Upcoming City meetings, agenda items.
* City advisory body updates (B/PAC, EPC)
- For more about the above and other items, see NEWS AND UPDATES and CALENDAR.
Other recent hot news....
- The Mountain View Transit Center Master Plan Final Report is now available online at www.MountainViewTransitCenter.com. The Final Report summarizes the roughly two-year, community-driven process to identify preferred concepts for the Castro Street grade separation and Transit Center. The Master Plan was approved by City Council in May 2017.
- MVCSP comments on Personal Delivery Devices (PDDs) policy to City Council February 24, 2018
- Long-time MVCSP member Julie Lovins passed away Friday night, January 26th. An event in her honor is planned for February 11th starting 12:30 PM at City Hall, Council Chambers (2nd floor), 500 Castro Street.
- City of Mountain View City Planning Division Update: Page updated for January 2018
- MVCSP comments on Mobile Home space rental issues to Rental Housing Committee January 22, 2018
- MVCSP comments on 555 East Evelyn project to EPC January 3, 2018.
- Link to future Council agenda items updated here. January 4, 2018
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan to City Council December 12, 2017
- The City of Mountain View is hiring a full-time, benefited, limited-term “Environmental Sustainability Analyst.” For details, see https://www.calopps.org/mountain-view/job-17485961. The priority application deadline is Sunday, December 17th.
- MVCSP comments on Mobile Home space rental protections to Rental Housing Committee December 1, 2017
- Final Draft North Bayshore Precise Plan now available (http://www.mvcsp.org/news-and-updates/final-draft-north-bayshore-precise-plan) November 2, 2017
- The City Council tentative agendas file was updated by the City. You can access this file from here: City of Mountain View City Council Agendas & Future Agenda Items. October 17th, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan - Policy Topics to City Council (http://www.mvcsp.org/news-and-updates/mvcsp-comments-on-north-bayshore-precise-plan-policy-topics-to-city-council) September 24, 2017
- New page on this web site added: Fiscal Year 2017-18 Advisory Body workplans.
- MVCSP comments on Magical Bridge Playground funding and process to PRC September 10, 2017
- New page on this web site added: Fiscal Year 2017-18 City Budget.
- Mountain View Voice publishes MVCSP comment letter on the North Bayshore transportation impact analysis (https://mv-voice.com/print/story/2017/05/12/letters-to-the-editor) May 12, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Land Use and Transportation Details to City Council June 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Villa Street Historical Resources to City Council June 12, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Land Use and Transportation Details to City Council May 15, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Transportation Analysis to City Council April 23, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Transportation Impact Analysis to EPC April 17, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan DSEIR to Planning Division April 17, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Council Goals 2017 priorities to EPC April 2, 2017
- MVCSP comments on CIP and Council Goals 2017 priorities to B/PAC March 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Charleston East project to City Council March 5, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Vision Zero to Senior Advisory Committee February 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Vision Zero to Youth Advisory Committee February 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Vision Zero to EPC February 12, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Council Goals February 2, 2017
- Updated the City zoning map on this web site (map dated July 2016)
- Carbon-Free Mountain View (http://www.carbonfreemountainview.org/)
To join, go to http://www.carbonfreemountainview.org/cfsv
- Friends of Caltrain (http://www.greencaltrain.com/friends-of-caltrain)
- Friends of the Stevens Creek Trail (http://www.stevenscreektrail.org)
- Great Streets Mountain View (http://www.greatstreetsmv.org)
- Magical Bridge (http://magicalbridge.org/)
- Mountain View Mobile Home Alliance (https://mvmha.com/)
- Mountain View Tenants Association (https://mvtenantscoalition.org/)
- Mountain View Trees (http://www.mountainviewtrees.org)
- Safe Mountain View (http://safemountainview.com/ and safermountainview in Google Groups, http://groups.google.com)
- Soil&Water (Mountain View urban gardens support and advocacy) (http://www.soilandwatergarden.org)
- SV@Home (http://siliconvalleyathome.org)