The Mountain View Coalition for Sustainable Planning is a group of local volunteers dedicated to making Mountain View as beautiful, economically healthy, transit, bicycle, and pedestrian accessible, and affordable as possible.
MVCSP member interest and expertise covers areas such as housing, transportation, the environment, the economy, and beyond!
MVCSP generally meets on the second Thursday of every month from 6:30-8:30 PM. The location varies. See "What's Hot" below and the Calendar for upcoming-meeting details.
To get the latest MVCSP updates in your inbox, click here to subscribe to our announcement-only email list (about one message per week).
- Tuesday, May 22nd, 5:30 PM: City Council meeting, City Hall, Council Chambers (2nd floor), 500 Castro Street
For information on the City web site:
3. STUDY SESSION
3.1 Expanded Programming and Activation for Civic Center Plaza.The purpose of this Study Session is to provide an update regarding current programming scheduled on the Civic Center Plaza and to present proposed expanded programming and activation elements for the Civic Center Plaza.
4. CONSENT CALENDAR
4.4 Amendment to Ordinance Permitting Electric Skateboards on Trails
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
6.1 Gatekeeper for 400 Logue Avenue.Authorize the assignment of staff resources for consideration of anapplication to amend the General Plan and the Zoning Code to consider anapplication for up to 412 new residential units.
7. NEW BUSINESS
7.1 North Bayshore Precise Plan and Master Plans.Provide direction to staff on Master Plan strategies to help implement complete neighborhoods in the North Bayshore Precise Plan area.
- Wednesday, May 23rd, 4:00 PM: Administrative Zoning meeting, City Hall, Plaza conference room (2nd floor), 500 Castro Street
For information on the City web site:
Item 3.1 - 2584 and 2598 Wyandotte Street
Item 4.1 - 1255 Pear Avenue
Request for a Planned Community Permit and Development Review Permit to allow a new mixed-use development consisting of a 231,210 square foot office building and 635 new multi-family residential units, retaining an existing 156,317 square foot office building and demolishing an existing103,513 square foot industrial building at the site, a Heritage Tree RemovalPermit to remove 84 Heritage trees, a Preliminary Parcel Map to adjust property lines and merge parcels.
Item 4.2 - 349 Martens Avenue
Request for a Development Review Permit and Planned Unit Development to construct two new houses, one on a flag lot, a Heritage Tree Removal Permit for the removal of six Heritage trees.
Item 4.3 - 410 and 414 Sierra Vista Avenue
Request for a Planned Unit Development Permit and a Development ReviewPermit to allow the construction of 14 rowhouse units to replace 11 existing residential units, a Heritage Tree Removal Permit to remove three Heritage trees; and a request for a Vesting Tentative Map to create 14 residential lots and two common lots.
- Thursday, June 14th, 6:30 PM: Mountain View Coalition for Sustainable Planning (MVCSP) general meeting, Deb's place (respond to this message if you need location details).
* Introductions, preliminaries.
* Presentation #1: Steve Attinger, City of Mountain View Environmental Sustainability Manager
* Updates from MVCSP committees.
* Development updates.
* Upcoming City meetings, agenda items.
* City advisory body updates (B/PAC, EPC)
- For more about the above and other items, see NEWS AND UPDATES and CALENDAR.
Other recent hot news....
- Link to future Council agenda items updated here. March 31, 2018
- City of Mountain View City Planning Division Update: Page updated for March 2018.
- The Mountain View Transit Center Master Plan Final Report is now available online at www.MountainViewTransitCenter.com. The Final Report summarizes the roughly two-year, community-driven process to identify preferred concepts for the Castro Street grade separation and Transit Center. The Master Plan was approved by City Council in May 2017.
- MVCSP comments on Personal Delivery Devices (PDDs) policy to City Council February 24, 2018
- Long-time MVCSP member Julie Lovins passed away Friday night, January 26th. An event in her honor is planned for February 11th starting 12:30 PM at City Hall, Council Chambers (2nd floor), 500 Castro Street.
- MVCSP comments on Mobile Home space rental issues to Rental Housing Committee January 22, 2018
- MVCSP comments on 555 East Evelyn project to EPC January 3, 2018.
- Link to future Council agenda items updated here. January 4, 2018
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan to City Council December 12, 2017
- The City of Mountain View is hiring a full-time, benefited, limited-term “Environmental Sustainability Analyst.” For details, see https://www.calopps.org/mountain-view/job-17485961. The priority application deadline is Sunday, December 17th.
- MVCSP comments on Mobile Home space rental protections to Rental Housing Committee December 1, 2017
- Final Draft North Bayshore Precise Plan now available (http://www.mvcsp.org/news-and-updates/final-draft-north-bayshore-precise-plan) November 2, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan - Policy Topics to City Council (http://www.mvcsp.org/news-and-updates/mvcsp-comments-on-north-bayshore-precise-plan-policy-topics-to-city-council) September 24, 2017
- New page on this web site added: Fiscal Year 2017-18 Advisory Body workplans.
- MVCSP comments on Magical Bridge Playground funding and process to PRC September 10, 2017
- New page on this web site added: Fiscal Year 2017-18 City Budget.
- Mountain View Voice publishes MVCSP comment letter on the North Bayshore transportation impact analysis (https://mv-voice.com/print/story/2017/05/12/letters-to-the-editor) May 12, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Land Use and Transportation Details to City Council June 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Villa Street Historical Resources to City Council June 12, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Land Use and Transportation Details to City Council May 15, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Transportation Analysis to City Council April 23, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan Transportation Impact Analysis to EPC April 17, 2017
- MVCSP comments on North Bayshore Precise Plan DSEIR to Planning Division April 17, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Council Goals 2017 priorities to EPC April 2, 2017
- MVCSP comments on CIP and Council Goals 2017 priorities to B/PAC March 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Charleston East project to City Council March 5, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Vision Zero to Senior Advisory Committee February 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Vision Zero to Youth Advisory Committee February 26, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Vision Zero to EPC February 12, 2017
- MVCSP comments on Council Goals February 2, 2017
- Updated the City zoning map on this web site (map dated July 2016)
- Carbon-Free Mountain View (http://www.carbonfreemountainview.org/)
To join, go to http://www.carbonfreemountainview.org/cfsv
- Friends of Caltrain (http://www.greencaltrain.com/friends-of-caltrain)
- Friends of the Stevens Creek Trail (http://www.stevenscreektrail.org)
- Great Streets Mountain View (http://www.greatstreetsmv.org)
- Magical Bridge (http://magicalbridge.org/)
- Mountain View Mobile Home Alliance (https://mvmha.com/)
- Mountain View Tenants Association (https://mvtenantscoalition.org/)
- Mountain View Trees (http://www.mountainviewtrees.org)
- Safe Mountain View (http://safemountainview.com/ and safermountainview in Google Groups, http://groups.google.com)
- Soil&Water (Mountain View urban gardens support and advocacy) (http://www.soilandwatergarden.org)
- SV@Home (http://siliconvalleyathome.org)