Location: Oshman Family Jewish Community Center - Schultz Cultural Arts Hall, 3921 Fabian Way, Palo Alto
These are challenges that require participation from all types of roadway users to solve. To bridge the gap between motorists and cyclists, the Summit will feature a panel discussion and audience question and answer session that explores road safety from multiple perspectives. The panel features members of our Roadway Safety Solutions Team, a multi-jurisdictional and multi-agency collaborative, as well as local innovators who are working to change the roadway environment in our area. Join us to learn about recent progress and upcoming strategies in promoting bicycling through improving safety.
The panel will include:
- Derek Chan, Social Media, Online Content & Outreach Manager, California Department of Motor Vehicles
- Mark Gainey, Co-Founder, Strava
- Hans Larsen, Director, Department of Transportation, City of San José
- Commissioner James Madden, Traffic Trial Commissioner, Santa Clara County Superior Court
- Captain Mike Maskarich, California Highway Patrol
- Lee Taubeneck, Deputy District Director, Transportation Planning and Local Assistance, California State Department of Transportation
- Chris Waugh, Senior Lead, Health and Wellness Practice, IDEO
We need you to take part in this engaging dialogue! The strategies discussed will help you become a stronger advocate for yourself and other roadway users.
Registration has been extended until February 21! Please RSVP at http://svbikesummit2013.eventbrite.com